Days are getting shorter. The weather is getting colder and more blustery. The weeks are getting longer, more tiring and packed with ever more last minute to dos. I'm getting tired.
I guess I must not have been paying too much attention to my calendar. I was browsing through the BBC this morning and noticed an article about Black Friday. I hadn't even realized that it was American Thanksgiving. I guess I had become a little distracted with my own things.
The list is never-ending. Reading for my own school and prepping for my first year seminar. Writing my essays and marking my first years' essays. Making lists of academics and universities that I am interested in. I have a great deal on my plate at the moment. I really should not complain. I am aware of too many people who do not have enough on their plate these days: both literally and figuratively.
Speaking of lots on my plate, Laura and I are getting a puppy. For those of you who know me, this is a bit of a shock, I know. Take two vitamin c and lie down for a bit. For those of you who do not know me, I'll quote my mother, "your not really much of a dog person". I admit, I have, in the past, been tempted to focus on the negatives of dogs: incessant barking, smelling bad even when they haven't just done their business on your carpet, smelling bad when they have just done their business on your carpet, needing constant attention, incessant barking and I haven't even gotten into worms, fleas, skunks, porcupines, shots, etc.
The good news is that I'm learning new things every day. My lesson for last month was this; don't take a 5-6 hour road trip with Laura when she really wants something.I've already seen our puppy. She is pretty cute. She's a Miniature Schnauzer. This is good because she is small and hypoallergenic for Laura.
This isn't her exactly, but close. We still don't have a name. I'm sure that after several accidents in the apartment and a week or two of incessant barking I will have thought of several.
Ah well,
Tot ziens.

No comments:
Post a Comment