When I began writing this blog a year and a half ago, I was afraid that I would not be able to continue writing posts and that my blog would be just one of the thousands of blogs that were abandoned after only one or two posts. I have enjoyed using this blog for the last 18 or nineteen months as a platform to plug my own personal ideas and to procrastinate from many of life's more pressing matters. However, in the past few months as I have become more and more absorbed with my studies here at Trent, I have found it difficult to keep all of the bored procrastinators who read this blog abreast of events in my life. For that reason, this will be my last post on this blog. I may, down the road, when time permits, return again to leisurely writing. But for now, this will be all.
It feels like a strange time to write the last words. I am waiting to see if I will be pursuing doctoral studies next year. Laura is waiting for a full time job in built heritage. Winnie is waiting to see if we will get her a dog door and do away with the bell that she so patiently rings when she needs to pee. It is a time of uncertainty, indeed.
However, I am hopeful and faithful. I have appreciated the opportunity that this blog has provided me for sharing weak humour, poorly founded opinions and unrelated anecdotes. Also, I fear that not all of my posts have helped my poor readers' digestion. However, I will, in light of this fear, end on the words of the most under-rated author that I can think of.
If we shadows have offended,
Think but this and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon, we will mend.
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call:
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.
Cheers,
DR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment